Monday, June 14, 2010

We're going to try this again!

Well its been a while, almost a year. It's hard to remember to update this thing when I'm on Facebook so much and I forget that I have this thing! For those of you that check it, I truly am sorry.
So, a lot has happened since the last posting and because I'm using the computer I am I do not have pictures to post. Hopefully I will be able to do that soon (when Melanie is napping). She turned 1 this past November and we had a huge party for her complete with a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake and all! Since then of course we had Thanksgiving and Christmas where Melanie had tons of fun handing out presents and helping people open theirs and then not wanting them to have their own presents. Quite comical!
With the new year brought all kinds of things like my brother proposing to Kayla (it's about time) and Emily getting engaged as well (again, it's about time). With those two happenings come weddings this month and in December of which either all three of us or Melanie and I are in.
Scooting on down to May brought my decision and opportunity to switch grade levels and teach 3rd grade. I've been wanting a change for some time now and am truly excited about the opportunity. With that one small change came another HUGE change for our family. I found out the first week of June that I am pregnant again! I go to the doctor on the 29th so be looking for another post with all of those details. Since there will be two of them, maybe I will work harder at updating this! We can hope anyway.
Melanie is growing and changing and getting into her 2's I believe. She now throws fits, pouts, and is trying to feed herself as well. She jabbers up a storm (wonder where she gets that from?) and we are sure will just start talking in full sentences any day now! She's been camping twice with my parents and LOVES being "sigh!", Melanie's word for outside. She's discovered water and decided that she likes it as well. But we've learned that she DOES NOT want to be in her float thank you very much, she wants floaties on her arms so she can bob up and down like a bouie. Well, that's about all I have for right now. Hopefully this won't be the only one for as many months as the last. We love you all! Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment